|By Jeremy Geelan||
|May 31, 2012 07:00 AM EDT||
With Cloud Expo 2012 New York (10th Cloud Expo) now under two weeks away, what better time to remind you in greater detail of the distinguished individuals in our incredible Speaker Faculty for the technical and strategy sessions at the conference...?
We have technical and strategy sessions for you every day from June 11 through June 14 dealing with every nook and cranny of Cloud Computing and Big Data, but what of those who are presenting? Who are they, where do they work, what else have they written and/or said about the Cloud that is transforming the world of Enterprise IT, side by side with the exploding use of enterprise Big Data – processed in the Cloud – to drive value for businesses...?
CLOUD EXPO SPEAKER NAME: Dave Asprey
COMPANY: Trend Micro
10TH CLOUD EXPO SESSION TITLE: The Dark Side of Virtualization
SESSION DESCRIPTION: http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/2143274
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY: Listed at one of the Top 100 Bloggers in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem, Dave Asprey is VP of Cloud Security at Trend Micro, where he helps to shape Trend Micro’s cloud strategy, focusing specifically on expanding a Cloud Security Alliance partner ecosystem. Prior to Trend Micro, Asprey was an Entrepreneur in Residence at Trinity Ventures, Previously, he was VP at Blue Coat Systems. He also served as VP at Zeus Technology and ran strategic planning for the Citrix virtualization business unit.
BLOGS: www.cloudywords.com and www.cloudsecurity.trendmicro.com
RECENT CLOUD COMPUTING QUOTE:
"In the past, it was cloud providers like Rackspace who tended to focus on open source cloud infrastructure, while enterprises tended to make more conservative choices where support contracts were available.
The new support from Citrix, along with about 60 other supporting commercial hardware and software vendors, should go a long way towards helping enterprises see OpenStack as an enterprise-grade choice of cloud infrastructure. Enterprises can now get a Citrix-certified version of OpenStack and a cloud-optimized version of XenServer, and Dell is providing a reference server architecture.
Rackspace Cloud Builders can design and build a private cloud for an enterprise using the OpenStack project with Project Olympus."
[from "Cloudy Words" blog]
- [slides] Backup, and Recovery By @Windstream | @CloudExpo #API #Containers
- Data Demands of DevOps | @DevOpsSummit [#DevOps #Microservices]
- Service Automation Creates New Silos By @FusionLayer | @CloudExpo [#Cloud]
- Cloud Migration: From Monolith to Microservices | @CloudExpo #Microservices
- Take the Long View with Digital Transformation By @IoT2040 | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #API #Microservices #InternetOfThings
- [video] Open API Approach with @IndependenceIT | @CloudExpo #API #IoT #M2M #Microservices
- Announcing @HPMnetworks to Exhibit @CloudExpo | #IoT #M2M #API #RTC #InternetOfThings
- [download] Accelerate Your DevOps with @OpenShift By @RedHatNews | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps
- [slides] Securing the SDDC By @TufinTech | @CloudExpo #SDDC #Microservices
- Announcing @MobiDev_ to Exhibit at @CloudExpo Silicon Valley | #Cloud
- Agile Solutions for Cloud, Big Data, Mobility Services
- [slides] Workloads and Public Cloud at @CloudExpo By @utollwi | @ProfitBricksUSA #DevOps #Containers #Microservices
- Day 3 Keynote at @CloudExpo New York By @RJRogers87
- [slides] @EMCcorp and @Windstream to Drive Cloud Solutions | @CloudExpo #IoT #API #Microservices
- Opening Keynote By @Sandy_Carter at @CloudExpo New York | @IBMcloud
- [video] The Stories We Tell By @CenturyLink at @CloudExpo New York | #IoT #API #DevOps #Microservices
- Announcing @Dyn to Exhibit at @CloudExpo Silicon Valley | #IoT #DevOps #Containers #Microservices
- Harbinger to Exhibit at @CloudExpo Silicon Valley | @HarbingerSys #IoT #API #DevOps #Microservices
- To the Industrial Internet and Beyond By @EsmeSwartz | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #API #InternetOfThings
- [video] The Digital API Value Chain | @AkanaInc @CloudExpo | #API #IoT #M2M #DevOps #Microservices
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- What is Cloud Computing?
- Six Benefits of Cloud Computing
- SYS-CON's Virtualization Conference & Expo: Themes & Topics
- Application Virtualization: Instant Migration to Vista, Fast Delivery, Secure Access, Side-by-Side Deployments
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Twenty-One Experts Define Cloud Computing
- SYS-CON's 5th International Virtualization Conference & Expo: Themes & Topics
- What's the Difference Between Cloud Computing and SaaS?
- A Brief History of Cloud Computing: Is the Cloud There Yet?