|By Jeremy Geelan||
|May 31, 2012 07:00 AM EDT||
With Cloud Expo 2012 New York (10th Cloud Expo) now under two weeks away, what better time to remind you in greater detail of the distinguished individuals in our incredible Speaker Faculty for the technical and strategy sessions at the conference...?
We have technical and strategy sessions for you every day from June 11 through June 14 dealing with every nook and cranny of Cloud Computing and Big Data, but what of those who are presenting? Who are they, where do they work, what else have they written and/or said about the Cloud that is transforming the world of Enterprise IT, side by side with the exploding use of enterprise Big Data – processed in the Cloud – to drive value for businesses...?
CLOUD EXPO SPEAKER NAME: Dave Asprey
COMPANY: Trend Micro
10TH CLOUD EXPO SESSION TITLE: The Dark Side of Virtualization
SESSION DESCRIPTION: http://cloudcomputing.sys-con.com/node/2143274
BRIEF BIOGRAPHY: Listed at one of the Top 100 Bloggers in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem, Dave Asprey is VP of Cloud Security at Trend Micro, where he helps to shape Trend Micro’s cloud strategy, focusing specifically on expanding a Cloud Security Alliance partner ecosystem. Prior to Trend Micro, Asprey was an Entrepreneur in Residence at Trinity Ventures, Previously, he was VP at Blue Coat Systems. He also served as VP at Zeus Technology and ran strategic planning for the Citrix virtualization business unit.
BLOGS: www.cloudywords.com and www.cloudsecurity.trendmicro.com
RECENT CLOUD COMPUTING QUOTE:
"In the past, it was cloud providers like Rackspace who tended to focus on open source cloud infrastructure, while enterprises tended to make more conservative choices where support contracts were available.
The new support from Citrix, along with about 60 other supporting commercial hardware and software vendors, should go a long way towards helping enterprises see OpenStack as an enterprise-grade choice of cloud infrastructure. Enterprises can now get a Citrix-certified version of OpenStack and a cloud-optimized version of XenServer, and Dell is providing a reference server architecture.
Rackspace Cloud Builders can design and build a private cloud for an enterprise using the OpenStack project with Project Olympus."
[from "Cloudy Words" blog]
- Cloud Computing + Things By @Kevin_Jackson | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M
- IoT = Big Data: How Will Cloud Evolve? | @ThingsExpo #IoT #Microservices
- Ericsson Named @CloudExpo Silver Sponsor | @Ericsson #IoT #Microservices
- Guide: Protect Your Cloud Apps | @CloudExpo @CloudRaxak #Microservices
- API World ‘Power Panel’ at @CloudExpo | #API #IoT #DevOps #Microservices
- DevOps Helps with and Benefits from the IoT | @ThingsExpo #IoT #DevOps
- IBM Bluemix Track at @CloudExpo | #Bluemix #IoT #DevOps #Microservices
- Guide: Rapid Application Delivery Platforms | @CloudExpo @OutSystems #APM #Cloud
- Integrating Agile and DevOps | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps #IoT #Microservices
- I’m Not Scared of #DevOps | @DevOpsSummit #BigData #Docker #Containers
- Cloud's Provisioning Problem | @DevOpsSummit #IoT #DevOps #BigData
- DevOps Summit Was a Terrific Event! | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps #BigData #IoT #Microservices
- WebRTC + Internet of Things | @ThingsExpo #IoT #RTC #M2M #WebRTC
- New #IoT Ad Campaign By @Splunk at @ThingsExpo | #M2M #API #DevOps
- Internet of Things and WebRTC | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #API #WebRTC
- ‘Internet of Things’ and WebRTC with @MatrixDotOrg | @ThingExpo #IoT #WebRTC
- Data Lake and Data Refinery | @ThingsExpo #BigData #IoT #M2M #API #InternetOfThings
- WebRTC and CloudRTC Platforms | @ThingsExpo #IoT #RTC #Java #WebRTC
- ‘The Cloud Foundry Story’ By @Pivotal | @DevOpsSummit #BigData #DevOps #CloudFoundry
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- What is Cloud Computing?
- Six Benefits of Cloud Computing
- SYS-CON's Virtualization Conference & Expo: Themes & Topics
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Application Virtualization: Instant Migration to Vista, Fast Delivery, Secure Access, Side-by-Side Deployments
- Twenty-One Experts Define Cloud Computing
- SYS-CON's 5th International Virtualization Conference & Expo: Themes & Topics
- What's the Difference Between Cloud Computing and SaaS?
- A Brief History of Cloud Computing: Is the Cloud There Yet?