|By Elizabeth White||
|May 11, 2012 06:00 AM EDT||
Today, more enterprises are enabling applications to be deployed on public and private cloud infrastructure. However, to date there have been no PostgreSQL Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) options available that have the features, functionality and support that are required for enterprise environments.
In her session at the 10th International Cloud Expo, Karen Padir, executive vice president of products and engineering at EnterpriseDB, will discuss what enterprises require from a DBaaS and why DBAs should consider PostgreSQL to move database operations to public and private clouds. She will also provide tips and tricks to using PostgreSQL as the back-end database for your hybrid/private/public cloud environments.
Karen Padir is responsible for all things product at EnterpriseDB. This includes product design, product management and engineering as well as its global services, support and training. She is a veteran software executive with 20 years of industry experience leading global business and engineering organizations.
Prior to joining EnterpriseDB, Karen was the senior vice president of MySQL and Software Infrastructure at Sun Microsystems where she was responsible for key Sun open source software GlassFish, Identity Management and SOA products. Prior to that she was vice president of engineering for infrastructure technology at Red Hat where she was responsible for Red Hat's Directory and Certificate server products, as well as Quality and Release Engineering of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux bundle. She is one of the founding members of the Java EE Platform at Sun.
A Rock Star Faculty, Top Keynotes, Sessions, and Top Delegates!
Cloud Expo 2012 New York, June 11-14, 2012, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading Cloud industry players in the world.
The growth and success of Cloud Computing will be on display at the upcoming Cloud Expo conference and exhibition in New York City, June 11-14, 2012, and in Santa Clara, CA, November 5-8, 2012.
The recent Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, was the largest Cloud Computing conference ever produced with more sponsors, exhibitors and delegates than all other Cloud events of the year combined!
Cloud Expo New York will attract more than 8,000 delegates from 48 countries and over 200 sponsors and exhibitors!
All main layers of the Cloud ecosystem will be represented at the 10th International Cloud Expo - the infrastructure players, the platform providers, and those offering applications, and they'll all be here to speak, sponsor, exhibit and network.
"Cloud Expo was announced on February 24, 2007, the day the term ‘cloud computing' was coined," said Fuat Kircaali, founder and chairman of SYS-CON Events, Inc. "Cloud has become synonymous with ‘computing' and ‘software' in two short years, and this event has become the new PC Expo, Comdex, and InternetWorld of our decade. By 2012, more than 50,000 delegates per year will be attending Cloud Expo."
for Cloud Expo New York
Cloud Expo 2012 New York "show prospectus" has shipped. Sponsorship, exhibit, and keynote opportunities can be obtained from Carmen Gonzalez by email at events (at) sys-con.com, or by phone 201 802-3021.
About SYS-CON Media & Events
SYS-CON Media (www.sys-con.com) has since 1994 been connecting technology companies and customers through a comprehensive content stream at www.sys-con.com - featuring over forty focused subject areas, from Cloud Computing to Web Security - interwoven with market-leading full-scale conferences produced by SYS-CON Events. The company's internationally recognized brands include among others Cloud Computing Expo (www.CloudComputingExpo.com), Virtualization Conference & Expo (www.VirtualizationConference.com), Government IT Conference & Expo (www.GovITExpo.com), Cloud Computing Bootcamp (www.CloudComputingBootcamp.com), and UlitzerLive! New Media Conference & Expo (http://events.sys-con.com).
Cloud Expo, Cloud Expo East, Cloud Expo West, Cloud Expo New York, Cloud Expo Silicon Valley, Cloud Expo Europe, Cloud Expo Tokyo, Cloud Expo Prague, Cloud Expo Hong Kong, Cloud Expo Sao Paolo are trademarks and /or registered trademarks (USPTO serial number 85009040) of Cloud Expo, Inc.
- Cloud Computing + Things By @Kevin_Jackson | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M
- IoT = Big Data: How Will Cloud Evolve? | @ThingsExpo #IoT #Microservices
- Ericsson Named @CloudExpo Silver Sponsor | @Ericsson #IoT #Microservices
- Guide: Protect Your Cloud Apps | @CloudExpo @CloudRaxak #Microservices
- API World ‘Power Panel’ at @CloudExpo | #API #IoT #DevOps #Microservices
- DevOps Helps with and Benefits from the IoT | @ThingsExpo #IoT #DevOps
- IBM Bluemix Track at @CloudExpo | #Bluemix #IoT #DevOps #Microservices
- Guide: Rapid Application Delivery Platforms | @CloudExpo @OutSystems #APM #Cloud
- Integrating Agile and DevOps | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps #IoT #Microservices
- I’m Not Scared of #DevOps | @DevOpsSummit #BigData #Docker #Containers
- Cloud's Provisioning Problem | @DevOpsSummit #IoT #DevOps #BigData
- DevOps Summit Was a Terrific Event! | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps #BigData #IoT #Microservices
- WebRTC + Internet of Things | @ThingsExpo #IoT #RTC #M2M #WebRTC
- New #IoT Ad Campaign By @Splunk at @ThingsExpo | #M2M #API #DevOps
- Internet of Things and WebRTC | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #API #WebRTC
- ‘Internet of Things’ and WebRTC with @MatrixDotOrg | @ThingExpo #IoT #WebRTC
- Data Lake and Data Refinery | @ThingsExpo #BigData #IoT #M2M #API #InternetOfThings
- WebRTC and CloudRTC Platforms | @ThingsExpo #IoT #RTC #Java #WebRTC
- ‘The Cloud Foundry Story’ By @Pivotal | @DevOpsSummit #BigData #DevOps #CloudFoundry
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- What is Cloud Computing?
- Six Benefits of Cloud Computing
- SYS-CON's Virtualization Conference & Expo: Themes & Topics
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Application Virtualization: Instant Migration to Vista, Fast Delivery, Secure Access, Side-by-Side Deployments
- Twenty-One Experts Define Cloud Computing
- SYS-CON's 5th International Virtualization Conference & Expo: Themes & Topics
- What's the Difference Between Cloud Computing and SaaS?
- A Brief History of Cloud Computing: Is the Cloud There Yet?